This adventure biking tour shows you the remote east of Laos and some of the most beautiful landscapes and mountains around. Less traveled roads, villages, ethnic diversity and the mysteious plain of jars as well as a great river trip make this a perfect active adventure for sportive people...!
1. Day: Start from Luang Prabang
With our bikes on the bus we head out to Phonsavan to cut out the more traveled roads and the steep rides into the loa highlands. In the afternoon we arrive in the provincial town of Phonsavan and can use the rest of the day for a bit of exploration. We sleep in one of the newer Hotels in town. D
2. Day waits for us with a great discovery trip out to the plain of jars. It is just to get used to the bikes or to the new climate as we are over 1000 meter above sea level. The plain of jars still remains a place of unknown history and diverse speculations. Why did people made these amazing stone formations and whet where they used for!??? ome off road biking can be done within a medium circuit (50-60 km). Another night in Hotel B-D
3. Day is our start day into the biking adventure and our private discovery trip. Our first stop would be in a close Hmong village where we can wander around to experience a little bit the different lifestyle of these hilltribe villagers. Nearby rice paddies and a hot spring will comfort you along the way.
B-L-D Night in Muang Kham (52 km)
4. Day waits with a little bit more than just 40 km and some really hard climbs (- get up early!). In fact we have to manage the double distance to reach the small town of Nam Neun. We start early to have enough time for stops and the sceneries along the way. We have to cycle over a few passes and reach the little town in the afternoon. The accommodation is very basic, be prepared! (87 km)
5. Day: Today we have to make our way through some bad roads and some high leveled areas which offer great views and amazing sceneries. To reach our night stop we have to get up early. We will sleep in a small guest house in Vieng Thong. (68 km half up, half down)
6. Day: hang out and relax or discover the surrounding areas. Actually there is a hot spring near by. B-L-D
7. Day: another scenic ride of 70 km brings us to a small village spot where we can sleep in a family guest house, or lets say a basic sleeping room. (70 km) B-L-D
8. Day: the amazing landscapes will help you to bring out your camera and especially in the end when we drop down to the small town of Vieng Kham. Just another wonderful biking day. (51 km)
9. Day: the last biking day waits for us with one of the best mountain sceneries on this trip and the fact that we have to climb over 1000 meter three times today explains why we will feel much better when we reach the down hill point that will guide us along a nice river valley. We arrive in Nong Khiaw and stay in a nice guest house. (45 km)
10. Day: Nong Khiaw to Luang Prabang
by boat on the magic Nam Ou river and the majestic Mekong... Arrival in Luang Phabang in afternoon and a BBQ fair well dinner. B-L-D
Extension - 13 DAY OPTION
10. Day From Nong Khiaw on the Nam Ou river we will start a nice journey away from roads and electricity... With an hour boat ride we arrive at the small backpacker town of Muang Ngoi. The surrounding landscapes are unique and worth a visit. We have time to explore a nearby cave and hang out in the easy going atmosphere...
Night in simple Bungalow or Guest house
11. Day After breakfast we start our two day trekking and discovery tour. We will meet people from different ethnic groups and sleep in their village. A day of trekking and exploring. Night in villagers house
12. Day The second day of this trekking tour will bring us back into the river region and on the afternoon, after visiting other villages, we will come back to Muang Ngoi.
13. Day With our own chartered boat we start the wonderful tour back into civilization and in the late afternoon we arrive in the world heritage town of Luang Phabang. A fair well dinner and a massage will be arranged on the last evening... B-L-D
*** B - Breakfast; L - Lunch; D - Dinner
We need full personal information of each guest before arrival. This list should include full name, address, date of birth, passport number, nationality and insurance details.
This is a sample itinerary so the cost really depends on your hotel choice, number of people in your group and time of travel. Please contact us to customize this itinerary and price to meet your needs and budget.
Where would you like to visit?
What models of transportation do you prefer for in-country travel?
What type of programme are you interested in?